Welding: Principles and Applications 8th Edition
: Cengage Learning
This proven guide provides students with the welding knowledge and skills they need to complete AWS SENSE Level I and Level II programs, create Workmanship Qualification Specimens, and earn professional certification. Advancing from basic concepts and processes to complex, cutting-edge welding technologies and practices, this comprehensive eighth edition covers topics such as welding metallurgy, metal fabrication, weld testing and inspection, joint design, and job costing. Each section introduces the materials, equipment, setup procedures, and safety information needed to execute a process successfully; subsequent chapters focus on individual welding tasks. Also available: the online MindTap® for Welding, complete with simulation and up-to-date welding videos.
- Focus on welder certification based on the widely recognized Schools Excelling through National Skills Education (SENSE) Level I and Level II standards published by the American Welding Society.
- Includes all of the material and information needed to certify your students using the low-cost, in-house, easily managed, globally recognized AWS SENSE Welder Certification Program.
- Drawing on four decades of welding and teaching experience, the author provides a wealth of practical tips and real-world examples, including "success stories" that profile real-life welders, as well chapter-ending features that showcase real applications of key principles to maintain students’ interest and bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Explains current welding technologies and practices, as well as providing a solid foundation in key topics such as welding metallurgy, metal fabrication, weld testing and inspection, joint design, and job costing, enabling students to prepare for success as they enter the dynamic field of modern welding.
- A robust study guide and lab manual to help students to gain hands-on welding practice, as well as PowerPoint® presentations containing all chapter art and additional graphics and photographs to illustrate important concepts.