PREVIOUS NEXT NFPA 13: Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook 2016
: In stock
Editor: Matt Klaus
Written by sprinkler industry leaders and redesigned for greater usability, the 2016 NFPA 13 Handbook helps you implement the new industry standard.
To accompany the milestone 2016 NFPA 13, NFPA® presents the fully redesigned new Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook. Current with the 2016 NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems and the latest sprinkler technology, the Handbook helps you apply scientifically-based solutions that reduce risks and fire loss.
Written by the foremost experts in fire sprinkler engineering, fire testing, and applications, this full-color resource is packed with expertise, color visuals, and information that prepares you to conduct accurate and efficient system design, installation, and testing. Get equipped with essential know-how and support!
Here's how the NFPA 13 Handbook assists designers, engineers, contractors, and installers on the job:
- Complete 2016 NFPA 13 text brings you up-to-code with the latest research-based requirements for system design, installation, and acceptance testing.
- Exclusive commentary explaining the intent behind provisions is written by leading industry experts, including Wes Baker, Tracey Bellamy, Bob Caputo, John Denhardt, John Deutsch, Jim Biggins, Roland Huggins, and Pete Schwab.
- Hundreds of full-color photos, graphics, and detailed illustrations clarify concepts.
- A new feature provides a detailed look at the starting and stopping points of several NFPA systems including underground mains (NFPA 24) storage tanks (NFPA 22), fixed water spray systems (NFPA 15), fire pumps (NFPA 20), fire sprinklers (NFPA 13), and standpipes (NFPA 14).
- Expanded checklists and worksheets include a new plans review feature from the AHJ perspective written by David Lowrey, as well as new storage lessons by James Golinveaux, and hanging and bracing lessons by John Deutsch.
- Project workflow diagrams and flowcharts illustrate the progress of a sprinkler project step by step.
- A decision tree on protection for storage shows users how to choose the right sprinkler strategy for any facility.
- Seven supplements include an update on storage standards, complete step-by-step hydraulic calculations for a sprinkler system, guidance on choosing the appropriate commodity classification, and an overview of what's new in the 2016 NFPA 13.
New design features improve navigation and make information more accessible.
- Code Update icons indicate a change has occurred.
- "Ask the AHJ" FAQs help installers avoid common errors.
- "Designer's Corner" features take a deep dive into design topics.
- Updated line art improves your understanding of connections.
Understand vital concepts before installation and help ensure every step is done right.
Steer clear of issues that could compromise sprinkler operation with NFPA's 2016 Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook. It's the single most essential water-based fire protection resource ever developed for engineers, designers, contractors, inspectors, and AHJs. (Hardbound, Approx. 1,248 pp., 2016)
Publisher/Edition: NFPA/2016/Hardbound, Approx. 1,248 pp., 2016/ISBN No. 9781455909322/NFPA13-16HB