NFPA 20: Stationary Fire Pumps Handbook 2016
: In stock
2016 NFPA 20: Stationary Fire Pumps Handbook
!Editor: Chad R. W. Duffy
The 2016 Stationary Fire Pumps Handbook addresses new technologies and NFPA 20's expanded rules for more types of fire pumps and pump configurations.
Get the full story on how to keep fire pumps functioning error-free and in compliance. Based on the 2016 edition of NFPA 20: Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection, NFPA®'s expanded and redesigned Stationary Fire Pumps Handbook provides advanced guidance relating to all types of equipment, along with water supply availability and reliability.
An Overview of Pump Configurations provides examples of various types of fire pump configurations and explains the purpose of various components. A full-color diagram helps designers and engineers understand how multistage multiport pumps may eliminate the need for pumps in series, potentially saving money.
Part I: Complete 2016 NFPA 20 text, with first-time coverage of multistage multiport pumps, and clarified requirements for fire pumps arranged in series. Part I also includes commentary written by leading experts Jim Biggins, John Campbell, Bradford Cronin, John Kovacik, Jennifer McGrath, Gayle Pennel, and Jeffery Roberts.
Part II: Private Water Supplies, Hydrants, Tanks, and Piping contains text from selected water supply documents with original supporting explanations and advice. Material includes:
- Complete texts of the 2016 NFPA 24: Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances with all-new commentary and 2016 NFPA 291: Recommended Practice for Fire Flow Testing and Marking of Hydrants
- Sections 18.4 and 18.5 from the 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code
- Extracts with expert commentary from the 2013 NFPA 22: Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection, the 2014 NFPA 14: Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems concerning standpipe water supply, and the 2016 NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
Part III: Supplements includes an all new Fire Pump Design Considerations Supplement, a full-color pull-out schematic explaining the interrelationship of NFPA standards as they relate to pump installations with narrative, updated commissioning forms for fire pumps, Article 695 on power supplies for electric-driven fire pumps extracted from the 2014 NEC Handbook, and technical changes from the 2013 to the 2016 NFPA 20.
New design features make information more accessible.
- Code Update icons indicate a change has occurred.
- "Ask the AHJ" FAQs help installers avoid common errors.
- "Design Alerts" call out commentary relevant to design issues.
- All calculations appear within commentary text.
- Cross-reference icons help you navigate the Handbook.
Update your knowledge fast with this comprehensive one-stop source for system designers, installers, contractors, engineers, facility managers, inspectors, and AHJs. (Hardbound, Approx. 688 pp., 2016)
Publisher/Edition: NFPA/Hardbound, Approx. 688 pp., 2016/ISBN No. 9781455909353/NFPA20-16HB