Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning: A Residential and Light Commercial Text & Lab Book, 2nd Edition
: Cengage Learning
Introducing a completely current and innovative way to teach the basics of HVAC-R! Featuring more than 125 practical competencies, this "how to" guide has been carefully designed and thoroughly modernized to provide a complete learning system for the fundamentals and applications of core HVAC-R concepts. It combines straightforward theory lessons with useful "hands-on" opportunities for learning about the industry's hottest topics, including electricity and electrical controls, refrigeration fundamentals, heat pumps, oil and gas heat, safety, and more. Enhancements to this edition include an updated tool identification chart, new and improved graphics, expanded information on calculator usage, and a pressure-temperature chart for use by technicians in the field.
- the flexible format affords users the unique opportunity to learn HVAC-R fundamentals and applications either on an individual basis or in an instructional setting
- practical competencies take readers step-by-step through specific service, repair, and maintenance procedures and provide the hands-on training needed to work in the HVAC-R field
- a built-in evaluation system charts the reader's progress as they move through key concepts
- theory lessons and practical competencies can be fine-tuned to meet specific training needs of local contractors, associations, or individual technicians
- Use as a stand-alone manual or as a supplement to any HVAC book including Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology, 5E by Whitman and Johnson