Heating and Cooling Essentials, 4th Edition
: In stock
Heating and Cooling Essentials is the ideal introductory text for students entering the HVACR field. The text emphasizes the techniques needed to perform the installation, service, and repair of refrigeration, air conditioning, and heating systems. Students build an understanding of how HVACR systems work and then progress to troubleshooting and service. Refrigerant handling and ductwork topics are also included. Changes for this edition include a new Careers chapter; content and illustration updates; new Safety Note, Caution, and Pro Tip features; and an expanded chapter on customer service and soft skills.
- Information on the EPA Section 608 Technician Certification is included to help students prepare refrigerant handling certification.
- A math chapter teaches the calculations used by technicians, providing students with real-life job skills.
- Service chapters teach relevant procedures including, soldering, brazing, wiring, various tubing/piping skills, recovery methods, evacuation and charging procedures, retrofitting options, and leak detection methods.
1. Careers in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
2. Hand Tools
4. Working with Copper Tubing
5. Working with Pipe
7. Brazing and Flame Cutting
8. Mathematics for Technicians
9. Basic Thermodynamic Principles
10. Temperature and Pressure
11. Basic Refrigeration Cycle
12. Other System Components
14. Zeotropic Blends
15. Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling
16. System Evacuation, Leak Detection, and Recharging
17. Working with Metering Devices
18. Special-Purpose Valves
19. Troubleshooting Refrigerant Flow Controls
21. Compressor Lubrication and Accessories
22. Water Chillers
23. What Is Electricity?
24. Power Transmission and Circuits
25. Induction Motors
26. Electromagnetic Control Devices
27. Motor Controls
28. Defrost Cycles
30. Gas Heat with Air Conditioning
31. Oil Heat with Air Conditioning
32. Electric Heat with Air Conditioning
33. Heat Pumps
34. Customer Relations