Electricity For Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning 9th ED
: In stock
: Builder's Book
Provide your students with the basic electrical principles necessary to understand today's modern control systems with this fully updated edition of Smith's ELECTRICITY FOR REFRIGERATION, HEATING, AND AIR CONDITIONING.
Acclaimed for its meticulous accuracy and easy-to-understand presentation, the book takes a practical approach that allows your students to focus exclusively on the electronics information they will use in the field, without bogging them down in unnecessary theory. This 40th Anniversary edition continues to emphasize systematic diagnosis and troubleshooting methods and procedures that enable students to become highly-skilled, professional HVAC-R service technicians.
Features and Benefits:
- The book provides especially strong coverage of installation and troubleshooting, as well as the basics of electricity and circuits—all with HVAC applications.
- Schematic diagrams of twelve specific applications used in industry are explored, enabling readers to become expert troubleshooters.
- In-depth discussion of the types, designs, starting components, diagnosis, and troubleshooting procedures for single-phase motors mirrors their importance in the industry.
- Coverage of contactors, relays, thermostats, pressure and manual switches, overload, and other state-of-the-art electrical components prepare readers for work in the field today.
- Learning aids in every chapter include learning objectives, definitions of key terms, summaries, and review questions to increase comprehension and improve retention.
- Photos and illustrations throughout the book encourage readers to apply information directly to modern equipment, components and control systems.
- Symbols are introduced and used consistently.
An accompanying Lab Manual includes a unit overview, list of key terms, review test, and lab exercises when appropriate for each chapter.
An Instructor's Guide on the Instructor Resource Site contains short description of the material covered in each chapter; unit objectives; safety notes; lab notes; answers to Review Questions in the text; answers to Troubleshooting Problems in the text; answers to review questions in the Lab Manual; and lab exercises where applicable.
An Instructor Resource CD with PowerPoint presentations, syllabus, chapter hints, lesson plans, test banks, and an image gallery is available to adopters.quick-add/hvac-online-training-study-course /