Electricity & Controls for HVAC-R, 4E by Stephen Herman and Bennie Sparkman
: In stock
Now in its fourth edition, Electricity and Controls for HVAC/R equips readers with the information needed to work effectively with all types of motors and control devices found in the heating and air conditioning industry. Prior knowledge of electricity is not required as this book begins with discussion of essential basic electricity and electrical circuits concepts. Numerous schematic diagrams, plus step-by-step troubleshooting procedures, are included to acquaint readers with all of the different types of circuits commonly encountered in the HVAC-R field. With an emphasis on electrical safety, plus an all-new troubleshooting unit, this edition of Electricity and Controls for HVAC/R also features expanded information on thermostats, short cycle timers, heat pressure controls for refrigeration, variable frequency drives, and more! Features:
- Numerous schematic diagrams are featured throughout
- Examines motors and control in detail.
- Circuits commonly encountered in the field are explained in a practical, non-mathematical manner
- Comprehensive coverage of electric motors includes three-phase motors, squirrel cage induction motors, wound rotor motors, synchronous motors, and more.
- Discussion of transformers incorporates isolation transformers, autotransformers, and current transformers.
- An all-new troubleshooting unit gives explanations of how a control system operates and how to interpret manufacturers' control schematics.
- New and expanded information on control components found in the HVAC/R field - such as thermostats, short cycle timers, heat pressure controls for refrigeration, and variable frequency drives (VFDs) - has been added.
- Requirements for unit installation have been updated to comply with current NEC standards.
- Straightforward discussion of household and commercial icemaker controls, as well as solid-state devices common to the HVAC/R field, rounds out the comprehensive coverage.