Electricity & Controls for HVAC-R, 7th Edition
by Stephen L. Herman
Offering the most up-to-date coverage available, ELECTRICITY AND CONTROLS FOR HVAC-R, 7e emphasizes the basics as it equips readers with the information needed to work effectively with all types of motors and control devices found in the heating and air-conditioning industry. Extremely student friendly, the text reflects the current National Electrical Code® and requires no prior knowledge of electricity. It begins with discussions of essential basic electricity and electrical circuits concepts--ensuring thorough understanding before advancing to other topics. In addition, detailed schematic diagrams and step-by-step troubleshooting procedures acquaint readers with all of the different types of circuits commonly encountered in the HVAC-R field. The Seventh Edition is packed with vibrant photos, engaging illustrations, and coverage of the latest technology and developments from the field. Helping instructors maximize their course success, the new edition also includes a robust resource package available on the instructor companion website.
Features and Benefits
- Coverage of atomic structure reflects the most accepted theories concerning the structure of atoms.
- Offering valuable insight for real-world practice, the unit on troubleshooting includes an example of a step-by-step procedure for determining the problems with a central air conditioning system.
- Comprehensive coverage of electric motors includes three-phase motors, squirrel cage induction motors, wound rotor motors, synchronous motors, and more.
- Circuits commonly encountered in the field are explained in a practical, non-mathematical manner.
- Units on programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and programming PLCs remain current with industry practices.