Electricity and Controls for HVAC-R, 6th Edition
: In stock
This updated 6th edition of Electricity and Controls for HVAC-R provides essential information for electrical professionals to work effectively with all types of motors and control devices found in the heating and air-conditioning industry.
A comprehensive discussion of essential basic electricity and electrical circuits, along with numerous schematic diagrams and step-by-step troubleshooting procedures serve to better acquaint readers with all of the different types of circuits commonly encountered in the HVAC-R field.
- Many photographs have been replaced and updated along with new line art.
- Text is updated to the latest technology and reflects the current National Electrical Code® requirements.
- Text design has been updated to provide ease in navigating chapter material.
- Unit on atomic structure has been rewritten to reflect the most accepted theories concerning the structure of atoms.
- The unit devoted to troubleshooting has been expanded to include an example of a step-by-step procedure for determining the problems with a central air conditioning system.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE: Comprehensive coverage of electric motors includes three-phase motors, squirrel cage induction motors, wound rotor motors, synchronous motors, and more.
- PRACTICAL EXPLANATIONS: Circuits commonly encountered in the field are explained in a practical, non-mathematical manner.
- UPDATED UNITS ON LATEST TECHNOLOGIES: New units on brushless DC motors, as well as light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and photodiodes introduce students to the latest technologies in the field.
- UPDATED UNITS ON INDUSTRY PRACTICES: Units on programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and programming PLCs are thoroughly updated to remain current with industry practices.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR 2008 NEC�® STANDARDS: Requirements for unit installation have been updated to comply with 2008 NEC�® standards.
- Part I: Basic Electricity
- Part II: Control Circuits
- Part III: Motors
- Part IV: Transformers
- Part V: Control Components
- Part VI: Troubleshooting Using Control Schematics
- Part VII: Ice Maker and Refrigeration Controls
- Part VIII: Solid-State Devices
- Part IX: Solid-State Controls